Ancient Science Gives Golden Tips on a Modern Problem
In this day and age everything has to be instant and we expect things to happen right away. We try and fit more in our lives…longer work days and activities out of the home at the end of the day leave us with little time in between.
Often this means we don’t take the time to cook a decent meal and instead opt for a fast meal, an instant meal. These foods are not good for us and many of us pile on the weight accordingly.
What can we do about this modern problem? The ancient science of life, Ayurveda, has some golden tips to help us on the journey back to a healthy weight.
We all know fast foods are unhealthy. They create an unhealthy lifestyle and bad habits. One of the main results of these habits is obesity which is not just being fat but it is unhealthy fat. Other ailments come about as a result of obesity such as liver problems, hypertension, and heart problems and so on and so forth. Of course the psychological effects are many too such as stress, depression, low self-esteem, being under confident, body image issues etc.
Here we seek the help of the world’s oldest and natural medicine known as Ayurveda. Following are the ways in which this can help you and your loved ones achieve weight loss.
Ayurvedic Dosha Types and Weight Loss
Kapha humans are the ones having more of water and earth in their constitution and they are the ones that easily gain weight. They have slower metabolisms. Vata humans having air and ether in their constitution are the ones that are skinnier and they have less fat in their bodies. Pitta humans are the balances ones and they have proportional body weight.
As per Ayurveda, Kaphadosha (the principle that holds the cells together and forms the muscle, fat, bone, and sinew) gets gathered in the body which slows down the metabolism and ultimately results in obesity. People having more Kapadosha in their system gain weight more easily. The Kapadosha type person has to give utmost importance to their diet and also be physically more active so as to be able to take care of their bodies better.
Weight Loss tips
- The mind and body both work very well when Ayurveda is followed. To bring down the Medhadhatu (body weight) it is very important to exercise daily. Both exercises are important of the mind and the body. If both are achieve the body is said to be in perfect harmony.
- Pranayama (a deep breathing exercise) can be followed to speed up the process of weight loss. Yoga is also a very useful to achieve weight loss as it is a very gentle form of exercise and very effective.
- Avoid sleep in the daytime as it is counterproductive for weight loss.
- Dry massages and enemas are very helpful for weight loss according to Ayurveda.
- Udvartana is a weight loss dry massage technique which is highly talked about by Ayurveda. This is a very effective solution for obesity. The dry massage improves blood circulation and digestion by flushing out fat and toxins from the body. A good by product of this practice is better skin tone.
- A healthy tonic of lukewarm water, lemon juice and half teaspoon honey can also be taken on an empty stomach to step up weight loss.
Ayurvedic Diet for Weight loss
Oats, barley, honey, moong and herbs like dried ginger, bitter gourd, amla, etc are the healthy food items that aids in weight loss as they help flush out the excess fat and toxins from the body. Those Food rich in sugar should be avoided in the daily diet as sugar does not really provide any nutrients to the body
A standard varied diet of barley, honey, oats and herbs like amla, ginger are the healthy food items that flush out excess fat and toxins. Sugary foods and sugar should be avoided or its consumption reduced as these do not contain nutrients and only aid in weight gain. Fruits and green leafy vegetables are a must. Lentils and whole grains also must be encouraged. Once these things are included in your daily routine the person begins to results in as little as 2 weeks and is on his way to a better healthy and happier lifestyle.
Originally Published On:Healam.Com
To read the full article visit http://www.mrhealthylife.com/weight-loss-simple-golden-rules-of-ayurveda/